Justin Says…

Photo courtesy of Slices of Light via Creative Commons.

Nearly a year after completing this travel quiz, I decided to ask my husband to fill it out. We've traveled just a bit more and made numerous new memories in the time since. I was looking forward to seeing where our answers were the same, given these changes, and where our answers differed.

Here's what he said:

A.. Age you went on your first international trip?
28

B.. Best Beer you’ve had and where
Heavy Seas Loose Cannon at the Decatur Beer Festival. It tasted like very fresh hops, because it was on draft.

C.. favorite Cuisine.
All of the cuisine! I like to explore! :)

D.. Destination - favorite, least favorite and why?
That's hard. I don't like favorites and least favorites. :(

• Favorite: Portovenere, Italy. It was pretty at sunset and I enjoyed having wine, bread, and Italian salami with friends.

• Least Favorite: Panama City Beach, Florida. Just not my style.

Photo courtesy of Lamerie ia Creative Commons.

E.. Event you've experienced that made you say "wow".
M: marrying your wife. ;)
J: That.
M: No.

Seeing the Easter vigil mass for the first time at Christ the King in Atlanta, Georgia.

F.. Favorite mode of transportation?
Biking. I hate commuting.

G.. Greatest feeling while traveling?
Being with my wife. :)

H.. (Second) Home.
I want a first home. :-/

I.. Incredible service you’ve experienced and where?
Oceanaire in Atlanta, GA. We went there for dessert because my wife won't eat seafood. We got like 3 servers for one brownie. There was fudge and caramel applied at the table. It was amazing.

J.. Journey that took the longest?
Getting married to Mandy.. ;) It did take 7 years.

K.. Keepsake from your travels?
The French knife – Forge De Laguiole. It was one of the few souvenirs I got in Europe. I don't typically buy souvenirs, but I carry my knife around with me everywhere I go.

Photo courtesy of Agustin Rafael Reyes via Creative Commons.

L.. Let-down experience, where and why?
Getting on top of the Eiffel Tower. It's prettier to view from the outside of it. When you are on top of it, you are on the one place where you can't see it.

M.. Moment where you fell in love with traveling?
I fell in love with traveling?…

When I fell in love with my wife… ;)

N.. Nicest view, where?
The sunset at Portovenere and the sun setting over Paris from our hotel (Brighton) on Rue du Rivoli.

O.. (What are you) Obsessed with taking pictures of while traveling?
I try not to obsess over taking pictures; I try to take sights in.

P.. Passport stamps- how many and where?
2 - both Paris.

Q.. Quirkiest Attraction
The gutters in Dresden at Kunsthofpassage. It was interesting to see such a large section of a town being dedicated to art especially with regards to its history being west Germany.

Photo courtesy of drpavloff via Creative Commons.

R.. Really Frightening: where’s one place you’ve visited where you felt unsafe or uneasy?
The broken glass guy in NYC. We were feeling stressed because we had been late for everything and we were just trying to get to our hotel. Then we had a guy run into us with glass which is a known scam in NYC and felt like a scam to me. At the same time I didn't feel like being mugged outright. I gave him a little bit of money and kept my eye on the nearest cop.

S.. Splurge-something you have no problem spending money on while traveling?
friends. I like taking friends out to eat and making things fun.

T.. Touristy thing you've done?
Boat tours – surprisingly worth it.

U.. Unforgettable travel memory?
Driving the entirety of 78 with your wife. Well, girlfriend, at the time. All the way to Charleston.

V.. Visas-how many and for where?
none.

W.. Wine - best while travelling ?
Local. It's best to taste it while you are traveling. The people there always have an opinion.

Probably Côtes du Rhône in southern France is my favorite. It's just a typically provencal wine. It's light and reminds me of France.

Photo courtesy of Florian F. (Flowtography) via Creative Commons.

X.. eXcellent view and from where?
Top of the Rock. It's an eXcellent view of NYC. It's less well-known so it didn't feel as crowded as other ones (like the Empire State Building).

Y.. Yachting?:
I feel like I don't have enough money for that. If you want to take me on your yacht, I'll go. Are you inviting me? ;)

Z.. Time-Zones visited?
EST, CST, CET

If my husband's answers seem short and sweet, it's because I did the asking and typing. Turns out, when you ask for a noun, you get one. Alternatively, I could have let him type out his answers and you would have gotten gibberish. Sometimes you just have to take what you can get. :)

What are some of your most memorable travel experiences? If you answer any of these questions, feel free to share a link to your post in the comments below. I'd love to learn more about you and discover new and interesting places to see and things to do.

6 comments:

  1. That's an A to Z Challenge theme a-waiting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I don't think my husband would want to be involved. :) I was having to push for more than a one word answer.

      Delete
  2. Cool! Kind of a travel A-Z challenge, short and snappy!
    Did you notice there were two opportunities to talk about "view"?

    I agree, actually being on top of the Eiffel Tower isn't all that great. I went up there one time, that was it. The second time I ran away:
    http://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch/2014/03/the-ultimate-freedom.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did notice. My husband was like "Why [do I have to answer this again]?" :) I made him come up with a different answer the second time around, because I'm mean like that. :)

      I don't think there's any real reason to follow along with what everyone else is doing. We were visiting with friends and that's why we went. It's always good to try new things even if you don't think you'll like them … or, afterward, you discover you didn't actually like it. Have you been anywhere where you can see the sun set over the Eiffel Tower? Now that is fun. :) Add a wine and cheese picnic with friends or family … and it's an experience you'll never forget! Highly recommended! :)

      Delete
  3. I can't remember having found the perfect sunset spot in Paris, so I'm interested to learn from an American girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to think back… Maybe I'll do a blog post? It will probably be after July though. I was just looking at my calendar and 😧!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...